Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm excited!

Right now Danielle is on her way to visit Vince and I. I can't wait to see her! Yesterday Vince, Andrew and I went to the Forestview when school let out. Let me tell you how much I don't fit in down in the south. I don't think I saw more than one girl with tennis shoes on, it's either boots, sperrys, heels, indian looking shoes, and chucks (thankfully I have a pair of those). They are all dressed up with their hair fixed with make-up on and earrings. I need to start wearing my hair down. Its crazy just 8 hours from home is a different culture. Anyway, all we did was walk around the halls to make ourselves seen . I knew one girl from church and she said hi to us!
We are having our first leadership tonight, I know weird that it's on a thursday. I'm excited to have fellowship. Things have been hard. Its hard constantly reminding myself of truth because I would rather be home in KY. Trusting God that this is His plan for Vince and me is hard and I'm learning to find joy in that. Thanks for all the prayers!

2 comments:

  1. that's fun that Danielle is there! Hope you guys do some fun things! That's funny about the school. They will love you no matter what! love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up! I know that God is going to do huge things there in NC & how awesome that he wants to use you all!? We read this last night...I think these promises are for you:

    ISAIAH 58:10-11

    "if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
    and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
    then your light will rise in the darkness,
    and your night will become like the noonday.

    The LORD will guide you always;
    he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
    and will strengthen your frame.
    You will be like a well-watered garden,
    like a spring whose waters never fail."

    Spend yourself...the Lord will strengthen you & satisfied your every need. We'll be praying!

    <3
    Jen

    ReplyDelete