Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Beginning!

I have finally sat down and made a blog for those who asked for it and for family and friends to keep them up-to-date with our new life in Gastonia, North Carolina. It has been a little over a week now since we left home. We miss everyone back home! We went to our first Forestview (the high school we are starting Young Life at) boys basketball game last night, what an experience! I met two girls! I found out that the soccer coaches are excited about me wanting to help out, it might even be a paying position. Yay!

Cory has been encouraging me to make a blog but said the hardest part is what to name it. It took some time for me to come up with this title. I was reading Be Complete a commentary on Colossians and the author said "when we trust Him, we experience life" and it hit me, this is what Vince and I are doing right now. This is a good reminder that God is in control of our life. By being obedient to his call to Gastonia we will experience Him in so many ways I never thought I could, and I already am! Thanks Grandpa for letting me borrow the book. I have had it close to a year now but God's timing is perfect.

The apartment is has come together nicely. We have been hanging pictures and curtains up, well I guess Vince does the hanging I just tell him where they go! I will get pictures up soon. It's starting to look like a home. Can't wait for people to come visit us!!

We miss you all and love you very much. Thanks for the support!



6 comments:

  1. Yea for the blog! It's the same background as mine! We must think alike! Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I never got an email from you about your blog! I just found it on your facebook! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahhhhh BLOG! This is really fun. I'm so glad that we can keep up with you & your adventures down in NC. I hope you're starting to feel settled in & I can't wait to read about it!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel so happy! ive been waiting for this :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! so excited you have a blog!! :) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Im glad you have this, Its good to follow up on whats going on! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete