Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's Going On!

It has been a month since I lasted updated about our life, probably because nothing was really happening. Since we took our trip home for the Kruskamp wedding a few exciting things have happened. First of all, our trip home was refreshing and much needed. Mom and dad picked me up from the airport and we went straight to Larosa's! I spent just about every morning with Andrea and Braylen, he is so big and talking more. It was great to spend time with my family, I miss them so much. It was fun playing games with the family, outburst(the ladies won!), and scattergories ( Andrea's favorite plus Guy wasn't there he hates that game), and Just Dance, dad and mom both played it was awesome! Dad bet Andrea a couple of times.
I got to surprise Jen for her bachelorette party we both cried. It was a joy to see her and spend the day with her and the bridesmaids. Vince and I were very busy trying to see everyone. Hanging out with Lloyd students, to friends, bachelor parties, going to the reds game which they won!
Jen and Keenan's wedding was so much fun! I enjoyed how we all got to be together and ride on the party bus(haha). Jen looked beautiful and her dress was awesome! The food was delicious! On their way home from their honeymoon Jen and keenan had a four hour layover in Charlotte so Vince, Andrew, and I got to have dinner with them and walk around the city. God had that planned from the beginning!
It was sad to leave home again but our life is in Gastonia right now and God kept affirming that even when we were gone. I got a phone call from someone (Megan) who wants me to babysit and then the next day got an email from someone (Heather) who wants me to be their nanny. Megan is a stay at home mom with three children who wants help and Heather is a part-time nurse. It turns out that I will be able to do both! I am putting my two weeks in at Pier One! Vince got a call from the Census in Gastonia and got the job. Its for 8 weeks and is good money. He also has two interviews, one today and one tomorrow! (he really wants the one from today, a bank job). It has been a crazy ride so far and I know its going to stay that way for awhile but what an exciting, scary ride it has been. We have been seeing God in ways we would never have if we didn't move.

2 comments:

  1. ha about scattergories. I love that game! And I also am dying to buy a Wii now so that we can play just dance. I've been thinking about it ever since! I think I might borrow mom and dad's and then rent the game! ha! love ya! thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep trusting! Glad you had such a great time with your fam and sorry I am just NOW reading about it! HA! God bless!

    ReplyDelete